New Mexico Medical Malpractice Attorney
Have you or a loved one been a victim
of Medical Malpractice?
We can help.
Patients have a natural tendency to trust health care professionals. Physicians typically are regarded with respect because patients literally place their health in the hands of medical providers. Despite this aura of infallibility, preventable medical errors constitute the leading cause of accidental death in the U.S. The Journal of Patient Safety reports that as many as 440,000 people die because of medical errors and omissions each year. Malpractice insurance carriers and the American Medical Association (AMA) invest enormous resources into lobbying for tort reform based on bogus claims regarding a glut of frivolous lawsuits against doctors, hospitals, outpatient facilities, nurses, and other health care providers. The reality is that only about 85,000 medical malpractice lawsuits are filed each year despite the fact that an estimated 4.4 million people or more suffer severe or permanent non-fatal injuries annually.
We Bring the Experience You Need
Our law firm handles a wide range of medical malpractice claims, such as:
- Surgical mistakes
- Delayed diagnosis
- Premature release from hospital
- Hospital acquired infections
- Emergency room errors
- Missed warning signs
- Medication errors
- Failure to diagnose (cancer, cardiac arrest, embolisms, stroke)
- Improper medical treatment protocol
- "Never events" (wrong limb surgery, sponges left in body, air bubbles in catheters)
- Birth injuries (cerebral palsy, Erb's palsy)
- Anesthesia errors
- Unnecessary treatment
- Failure to order, review or follow-up on tests
Striving for the Maximum Medical Malpractice Verdict or Settlement
When you or someone you love suffers injury at the hands of a trusted health care professional, the consequences can be physically and emotionally devastating. Medical professionals and health care facilities can be financially liable for medical care that deviates from the acceptable standard of care. However, success in a medical malpractice lawsuit is difficult because these cases are costly to litigate and extremely complicated. Our experienced New Mexico Medical Malpractice Lawyers at Black Law Group navigate these challenges by relying on over 100 years of collective legal experience. We aggressively pursue claims involving medical negligence which involve the following challenges:
- Working with renowned medical experts to establish the requisite standard of care and conduct that falls below that threshold of medical competence
- Preparing the case for trial because medical malpractice carriers are particularly hesitant to settle, especially in light of applicable damage caps
- Relying on the extensive litigation resources to fund medical malpractice lawsuits
- Recognizing the challenge of proving causation between health care provider negligence and a bad medical outcome
- Special deadlines and filing requirements that apply to the filing of many medical malpractice claims
Our New Mexico Medical Malpractice Attorneys consult closely with respected medical experts who review medical records to identify evidence of the requisite standard of care, conduct that deviates from that standard, and a causal link between a medical error and a negative medical result. Our law firm's commitment to careful investigation of the facts, exhaustive knowledge of the law, persuasive negotiation, and tenacious litigation has promoted our reputation as an effective advocate for people injured by medical negligence. We also have been recognized by SuperLawyers for nine consecutive years.
Tough. Experienced. Dedicated.
"First and foremost, thank you for your professional service, insights, ideas, expectations, and honesty! Most importantly, thank you for being good people and assisting me in during this difficult situation."
On behalf of our clients, we have recovered millions of dollars in compensation.
Get the Verdict or Settlement You Deserve
Time is of the essence in speaking with a medical malpractice attorney because of the strict deadlines that apply. If any of the defendants is a government medical provider, the deadline to file a notice of claim is only 90 days. Given that medical malpractice claims can take months to evaluate, injured patients need to seek prompt legal advice as soon as medical negligence is expected. Call us today at 855-220-5290 or contact us online to schedule a free initial consultation. Our convenient Albuquerque location serves clients throughout Bernalillo County and the surrounding municipalities, counties, and smaller unincorporated areas.