New Mexico Nursing Home Abuse Attorneys
Have you or a loved one been
injured in a nursing home?
We can help.
Our New Mexico Nursing Home Injury Attorneys at Black Law Group understand the devastating emotional impact of abuse and neglect in residential care facilities. With the increasing demand on nursing home facilities as the average age of our population increases, many nursing home residents are vulnerable to abuse and neglect. Many families entrust their family members and other loved ones to the continuing care of nursing facilities especially when the current physical condition of their loved one necessitatesround-the-clock care. The threat of nursing abuse and neglect is an increasing concern as media reports of horrific cases of mistreatment of elderly residents and record setting nursing home abuse verdicts and settlements fill the news.
Many vulnerable loved ones are subject to gross neglect in long-term care facilities, as well as physical, financial or emotional abuse. Elderly residentsare particularly at-risk whenthey have difficulty understanding or communicating to loved ones that they are being victimized. If a nursing home resident is the victim of physical abuse or sexual assault by a nursing home staff member or another resident, the victim may be afraid that disclosing the abuse will simply lead to retribution. At Black Law Group, we offer compassionate and experienced legal representation toprotect victims and obtain financial compensation for harm inflicted on victims of abuse and neglect. If someone you love has been victimized in a nursing home, convalescent hospital, or other long-term care facility, we will answer your questions and offer experienced counsel built on a century of collective litigation experience. Our law firm has been recognized by SuperLawyers for nine consecutive years.
We Bring the Experience You Need
"L.E. Johnson gets results. He has brains and a killer instinct. When combined with his easy-going style, L.E.'s adversaries lose their balance and lose their cases."
Tenacious Pursuit of Settlements and Verdicts for Nursing Home Abuse Victims
Substandard care or abuse of nursing home residents by caregivers can involve a number of situations that inflict physical, emotional, or financial harm on an elderly adult. Examples of the types of abuse or neglect that residents might experience at a nursing home facility include:
- Abandonment, such as desertion by the person responsible for providing care to a vulnerable adult under the care of the facility
- Failure of the caregiver to provide appropriate care and services to the senior, including the following:
- Malnourishment or dehydration
- Untreated medical condition
- An attitude of indifference to the resident's physical needs
- Lack of a plan to prevent falls or wandering where such a plan is appropriate
- Failure to maintain a clean living environment
- Financial abuse and exploitation of the elderly adult's resources, such as:
- Misappropriation of funds
- Illegal or improper use of the resident's accounts or funds
- Physical abuse, including the intentional use of physical force resulting in:
- Bodily injury which may leave physical signs including cuts, lacerations, bruises, welts, grip marks or burns
- Infliction of physical pain
- Overmedication or denial of needed medication
- Inappropriate use of chemical and physical restraints
- Sexual abuse or rape
- Emotional abuse, such as verbal assaults or threats that affect the emotional or mental well-being of the adult
Tough. Experienced. Dedicated.
"First and foremost, thank you for your professional service, insights, ideas, expectations, and honesty! Most importantly, thank you for being good people and assisting me in during this difficult situation."
On behalf of our clients, we have recovered millions of dollars in compensation.
Free Consultation. Contact Us Today.
Abuse and neglect in a New Mexico nursing home often is insidious in nature, so the mistreatment is not discovered until permanent injury or even death occurs. Our Albuquerque Nursing Home Neglect Attorneys at Black Law Group have the skill and experienced to carefully investigate and engage in aggressive discovery methods to uncover evidence of substandard treatment and abuse of vulnerable residents.
Black Law Group is committed to seeking the maximum compensation for victims of intentional mistreatment and chronic neglect in residential care facilities. Call us today at 855-220-5290 or contact us online to schedule a free initial consultation. Our convenient Albuquerque location serves clients throughout Bernalillo County and the surrounding municipalities, counties, and smaller unincorporated areas.